Relationship struggles can affect anyone. As time passes, even the strongest relationship can break down as a result of stresses, differing goals, and communication breakdowns. But no matter how a relationship feels or where your relationship currently is, there are often ways that you can bring it back to where it used to be through Rockville Centre couples counseling.
Long Island Psychology, the offices of Dr. Marc Shulman and Dr. Atara Wertentheil, provides couples across Rockville Centre with marriage counseling, relationship therapy, divorce prevention, and relationship training, to help strengthen the way you two feel about each other as a couple and to help you work towards greater success in the future.
If you feel like your relationship needs additional support, give us a call today at (516) 274-7876 to learn more about what is involved in our Rockville Centre couples counseling or to schedule an appointment.
About Our Rockville Centre Couples Counseling Service
Every relationship is different, and every relationship also has room to grow. Even the most successful marriages can use support to help address common lifelong challenges, and those that find that their marriage or relationship is struggling can use help to put it back on the right path.
Long Island Psychology provides couples counseling in Rockville Centre specifically to support those couples that need help finding their way. We create a space where you are free to share what you have been experiencing, what your thoughts/needs are, and who you are not only as a couple, but also as individuals, and then together we determine the best way to help you grow together rather than apart.
We offer different types of services depending on where you are in your relationship, including:
- Pre-Marital Counseling – Before a marriage, it’s natural to want to make sure that you’re on the right path together. We can work with couples before they get married, helping improve marriage skills and address concerns along the way for a healthier lifetime commitment.
- Marriage Counseling – Marriages can have their ups and downs. Our goal is to help be there for you to give your marriage the support it needs, no matter what stage it is of your relationship. If you’re struggling, or you are lost, or you are unable to communicate, we are here to help you with the next steps and put your marriage in a better place.
- Divorce Prevention – There are situations when you feel as though you’re on the brink of divorce, and need someone to come in to help with the next steps. Our couples counseling service can be geared to those that are looking for last minute help to try to save their marriage, or a chance to make sure that whatever the next steps may be, they are addressed in a healthy way.
- Infidelity Recovery, and More – Long Island Psychology is also able to provide strategies to rebuild trust after infidelity, or co-parenting counseling, or mediation therapy to help with the divorce process. Our psychologists are trained to help with any stage of your relationship, and to do so in a way that is free of judgment.
We also offer what’s known as “individual relationship counseling.” This type of service is for individuals that want to work on their part of relationships, such as singles that have had trouble staying committed or married couples that find they have their own needs that they want to work on. Because we’re also psychologists in Rockville Centre, we can also provide support for anxiety, depression, and other life-issues that may also affect the relationship.
What to Expect From Your Rockville Centre Couples Counselors
Throughout your couples counseling sessions, Dr. Shulman and Dr. Wertentheil will speak to you both individually and as a couple, and work on some of the most important components of a successful relationship, including:
- Communication – Open, free, non-judgmental communication is often the first area to break down when a relationship starts to struggle. Communication is not simply about talking, but also about doing so in a way that is productive, where both partners are on the same page. Dr. Wertentheil will provide you with guidance to help support improving communication, and to make sure you’re able to maintain those communication gains in the future.
- Trust – As a trained Rockville Centre couples counselor, Dr. Wertentheil will provide you with guidance and tools to help rebuild trust in your relationship. Whether you are married, dating, or separated, developing trust in your partner will make sure that your future communication and emotional wellbeing are stronger than they have been.
- Intimacy – No matter the stage of your relationship, improving intimacy between both partners is important, as it helps to create more emotional connections and love. Different relationships have different needs, but that connection to your partner is still going to be an important part of healing your relationship, and of understanding each other’s needs.
As a Long Island couples counselor conveniently located near Rockville Centre, Dr. Wertentheil and Dr. Shulman provide couples counseling and marriage counseling solutions for couples in all stages of their relationship, and would be happy to help you too.
Next Steps – Call Long Island Psychology Today
Every relationship can improve, and while not every couple will stay together, most find that there are ways they can communicate more effectively, love harder, speak kinder, and learn to be a better couple together.
If you feel like you’re ready for couples counseling in Rockville Centre, NY. call Dr. Wertentheil and Dr. Shulman directly today at (516) 274-7876 to learn more about our couples counseling services in and around Rockville Centre, or to schedule an appointment.