Therapists in Oceanside – Drs. Marc Shulman and Atara Wertentheil
Now, more than ever, it is important to prioritize your mental health and wellness. It should be treated like any other self-care, including doctor’s appointments, exercise, and more. That means seeing a therapist near you that is able to help you work through any mental health challenges you may be facing.
Studies have shown that the success of therapy depends largely on the connection you have to your therapist. That is why those looking for a therapist in Oceanside, NY should consider contacting Long Island Psychology today, where Dr. Marc Shulman and Dr. Atara Wertentheil provide personalized support specifically for your individual personality and mental health.
If you’re looking for an Oceanside therapist, or would like to talk to us about what our mental health treatments entail, we encourage you to call us today at (516) 732-0273, or use our online contact form, and we’ll talk to you about our different approaches and how we can help you with your self-improvement or recovery.
We have two offices, one in Garden City and one in Rockville Centre, and we have remote therapy options for those unable to travel from Oceanside. Give us a call to find out more about our treatment options.
Our Therapist’s Approaches to Mental Health Treatment in Oceanside
One of the reasons for founding Long Island Psychology was the belief that each individual person needs something different in order to move their life forward. It’s why we always take the time to get to know you as an individual before starting any treatment, and we utilize different therapeutic approaches depending on what your background is, what your personality is, what you’re struggling with, and what seems like the best way to help you find the results you’re looking for.
In order to do that effectively, we have several distinctive ways that our Oceanside, NY therapists can help you with your growth or recovery. These include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is one of the most widely recognized forms of therapy, known for its ability to treat a variety of mental health conditions including anxiety, depression, addiction, and more. It is an actionable therapeutic technique that integrates ways to challenge thoughts (cognitions) and alter behaviors, and is appropriate for many mental health issues.
- Positive Psychology – Positive psychology believes that contentment and happiness are the ultimate goals in life, and uses a variety of different approaches to help an individual achieve that happiness. Positive psychology is growing in popularity, because it can be used for those across a variety of different conditions and has an end goal of giving people an overall better life.
- Dynamic Experiential Learning – An approach to therapy created by Dr. Shulman, dynamic experiential learning helps people address their past based on their learned experiences from childhood to adulthood, and addresses some of the issues that often prevent people from moving forward in their life.
- Resilience Training, and More – Our therapists also provide what’s known as “resilience training” which helps those with or without a disorder learn to better handle stressful situations and find more motivation to achieve goals. These are only a few of the many different approaches that our Oceanside therapists may take in order to help our clients thrive.
We also provide couples counseling, family counseling, and group therapy. Our therapists work with essentially all populations, including children and seniors, and offer a non-judgmental space for those in marginalized groups.
What We Treat – Our Local Therapist’s Mental Health Services
In the field of psychology, we often work with specific diagnoses to help guide treatment. For example, we may diagnose someone with generalized anxiety disorder, or bipolar disorder, and then base a treatment on that diagnosis.
However, we also believe that anyone that feels they’d benefit from mental health support deserves to receive treatment, with or without a diagnosis, so we encourage you to contact us even if you do not have a specific mental health issue that you’d like to address. We often work with those struggling with work stress, or those that have relationship difficulties, along with a wide range of other issues that can benefit from expert support.
With that in mind, we are also available to provide mental health treatment focused on many different mental health conditions including, but not limited to:
- Anxiety – Including generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, PTSD, OCD, and others.
- Depression – Including bipolar disorder, major depressive episodes, and cyclothymia.
- Addiction – Including substance abuse, alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, and sex addiction.
- Behavioral Issues – Including ADHD and anger management.
- Grief, Women’s Issues, and More
We encourage anyone that feels they may need support for their mental health to contact us, and we can determine if there is a mental health issue that needs to be addressed and, if so, what approaches we will recommend for treatment. Even without a diagnosis, we’ll discuss with you the available options and show you how we’ll help you take care of your mental health.
About Long Island Psychology
Long Island Psychology was founded over 10 years ago by Dr. Shulman, who wanted to start a clinical psychology practice that combined empirically validated treatments with a more personalized approach to therapy that wasn’t as reliant on only a single methodology. He was joined later by Dr. Wertentheil, and the two have become the leading psychologists in Nassau County, continually providing help for patients that need it the most.
Our Rockville Centre office location is especially close to Oceanside, only a short drive away. We also have a Garden City office for any clients that are nearby for work. Our remote therapy options can be completed for anyone in the entirety of New York State, and while our offices are close enough Oceanside that most of our clients prefer an in-person visit, we also understand that some people are more comfortable from home or unable to leave, and our remote therapy is always an option.
Start Your Treatment Today with Long Island Psychology
If you’re looking for an Oceanside, NY therapist, it is important to find someone that you feel a connection with. We encourage you to contact us at (516) 732-0273 and see if there is a good fit. We are happy to talk to you about what made you seek therapy, the costs of therapy involved, and what type of commitment is beneficial for your recovery.
Please contact us today at any time, and let’s get started on your recovery or improvement process.