Grief Counseling and Age Coping for Seniors
Life is supposed to be fulfilling for seniors. Aging is meant to be like a fine wine, with the joy of feeling as though you’ve been able to do what few others have – battle through the challenges of life, prepare for retirement, and spend the next many years enjoying the fruits of your labor.
Of course, we know that aging is not that simple. Seniors go through many different challenges of their own that can make it hard to enjoy these sunset years. That’s why we provide senior counseling, to help work with Long Island seniors and give them the tools they need to cope and grow with the years ahead.
Types of Senior Counseling in Long Island
Senior transitions counseling is not a specific type of therapy. Rather, it is the ability to help seniors adjust with the emotions and experiences that come with aging. Experiences such as:
- Coping With Loss – We provide thorough and effective Long Island grief counseling services for those that are struggling with loss in their life.
- Coping With Retirement – It doesn’t matter how much you look forward to retirement or what you plan to do. Retirement can be stressful, and we help those struggling with this transition find a way to be happy.
- Coping With Relationships – Relationships change dramatically as you age. We’re happy to talk to you about your current relationships, romantic, family or otherwise, and help make them easier to handle.
- Coping With Health Issues – Health issues do tend to pop up later in life, and since you have earned the right to enjoy every passing day regardless of your health, we will help you learn to cope with health problems and memory issues and still enjoy your life as best you can.
- Coping With Mental Health – Of course, just because you’re older doesn’t mean that your life is any different than anyone else’s. If you’re going through stress, anxiety, depression, or any issues that can hit anyone at any time in life, our senior counseling services can help you through it.
We have been providing the Greater Long Island area with psychotherapy and counseling services for many years, and it’s our goal to work with you and ease you into your later life transitions. Contact us today at (516) 732-0273 to learn more about our senior psychological health services, or to schedule an appointment with a Long Island psychologist. We are available everywhere in NY with our remote therapy service, and have offices in Garden City, Roslyn Heights, and Rockville Centre, NY for those nearby able to meet in person.