Individual and Couples Counseling in Manhasset, NY
Every day seems to bring a range of different challenges. Stress, the various changes life takes you through, problems in your relationships, and other situations can impact your mental and physical well being, leaving you feeling less happy than you want to be.
Long Island Psychology can help you push past blocks in your life, manage mental health symptoms, improve relationships, and regain control of your happiness. We provide mental health counseling and relationship therapy, provided by our team of highly experienced clinical psychologists with both in-person and remote options. Reach out to us at (516) 732-0273 to learn more and make your first appointment.
In-Person Counseling and Telehealth Options in Manhasset
Many of our patients in Manhasset receive in-person therapy from Long Island Psychology at our Roslyn Heights location. Located just a short drive from your home or workplace, our office provides a comfortable space for you to meet with your psychologist. For additional options, we have offices in Rockville Centre and Garden City
Long Island Psychology also offers remote therapy. You will still meet with one of our experienced therapists, but telehealth sessions will occur over phone or video chat, making it easier to fit therapy into your schedule or meet with your therapist in a setting in which you are more comfortable.
Individual Counseling in Manhasset
Many of our clients’ treatment plans start from a diagnosis. This gives us a basic understanding of your specific challenges. From here, we can speak with you and get to know more about you before we work together to build your customized treatment plan for:
- Depression Therapy – Depression is a common mental health condition, but not one that is easy to live with. We can treat different types of depression, including clinical depression, bipolar disorder, persistent depressive disorder, and seasonal affective disorder. Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of our preferred solutions for many of our clients, enabling us to guide you through changing the thoughts and behaviors related to depression and give you the right tools for coping with feelings of sadness, stressors, or life events that could trigger depression.
- Anxiety Therapy – Worry that you naturally feel in stressful or frightening situations can become out of control with anxiety so that you are feeling stressed and anxious even in low stakes situations. We can help with generalized anxiety, OCD, panic attacks, PTSD, or specific phobias, all of which we can usually treat extremely well with anxiety therapy.
- ADHD Therapy – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder affects children, adults, and teens. We design treatment solutions around a specific age group, working with both patients and parents to help you effectively manage behavioral challenges, mental health challenges, and other difficulties for those living with ADHD.
- Addictions Therapy – Addiction to substances, behaviors, and more requires new skills and approaches to overcome. We help you quit your addiction and teach you stress management and coping skills to help you avoid a relapse. Our addictions therapy methods are effective against many types of addiction, including alcoholism, substance abuse, gambling, sex, pornography, and others.
- Additional Counseling Options – We also offer a range of treatments and mental health counseling for the other challenges you may be dealing with in your life, including grief and loss, women’s issues, LGBTQ+ counseling, and more.
We can also help you if you do not have a particular diagnosis, but feel stressed and overwhelmed, are dealing with grief, or want to be more fulfilled. By applying different therapy techniques as part of our treatment plan, we can help you to realize your goals.
Marriage and Relationship Counseling in Manhasset
A strong relationship can be one of the best parts of your life. But that does not happen without work. Sometimes the work that is necessary in your relationship, particularly if you have dealt with setbacks or are struggling with communication, can benefit from the help of a relationship counselor. We offer therapy for partners at all stages of their relationship with:
- Relationship Therapy
- Marriage Counseling
- Pre-Marital Therapy
- Divorce Prevention
- Overcoming Infidelity
- Family Counseling
- Individual Relationship Counseling
For all of our relationship counseling, we create a judgment free environment where you are able to work through different challenges in your relationship with space held for constructive communication, honesty, and vulnerability.
Group Therapy, Resilience Training, and Other Therapy Solutions in Roslyn
Working one on one with your therapist or with your partner and your therapist can provide multiple benefits. But there are also benefits to working alongside other people who are experiencing similar challenges to you.
We run group therapy programs that can focus on anxiety, addiction, relationships, and more. These are a great way to work under the guidance of a trained therapist while also learning from and supporting those around you.
Our resilience training workshops in Roslyn are a unique solution designed for leaders, those in challenging career paths, and others who simply want to be more resilient in their day to day lives. In these workshops, we teach skills like grit and determination and share coping strategies so you can be more resilient when life next stresses you out.
The different workshops we offer are a great option on their own or you can combine them with individual or couples therapy.
About Our Manhasset Therapy for Couples and Individuals
Long Island Psychology is headed by Dr. Marc Shulman and his team of psychologists. Each of our psychologists is engaged and passionate about giving you the support you need. We are also extremely experienced in several different psychology modalities that we can adapt for your treatment plan, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dynamic Experiential Learning
- Positive Psychology, and Others
If you are familiar with a specific member of our team, you can request them as your therapist and we can set up an appointment. We can also connect you with the right psychologist based on your background, goals, and what will make you most comfortable.
Meet with a Manhasset Psychologist – Contact Long Island Psychology
Starting therapy is a valuable first step, and our entire team at Long Island Psychology is here to help you start the process. We can answer your questions and schedule your first appointment at our Roslyn office or remotely.
FAQ About Manhasset Therapy
Q: How Much Does Therapy in Manhasset Cost?
A: Please call us to discuss the cost of individual or couples therapy sessions. Because we offer a range of services and personalize treatment to your needs, pricing can vary.
Q: Do You Take Any Insurance?
A: We do not accept insurance, but we may be considered an out of network provider by your insurer. For this process, we would provide a bill that you could submit to insurance. You should contact your insurance company for specific coverage details.
Q: Is My Diagnosis Confidential?
A: We will never disclose your diagnosis unless we are required to by law, but you may have to share your diagnosis with your insurer if you are submitting a claim for your therapy sessions.
Q: How Do I Know If Therapy is Right for Me?
A: Almost anyone can benefit from therapy whether you have a diagnosis or not. The important part is that you are committed to making a change in your life. If you want to be the best version of yourself and can put in the effort to make change, therapy can help you.
Q: Are There After Hours Appointments Available?
A: On a limited basis, we do have evening and weekend appointments available and recommend you discuss scheduling with your therapist. Remote telehealth therapy is also any option if you cannot make it to one of our offices during business hours.