Mental Health and Relationship Counseling in Jericho
Navigating the challenges that life has for you can be difficult. Changes, traumas, stressors, and relationships are a lot to manage in addition to finding your purpose and path to happiness. If you are also dealing with a mental health condition like anxiety or depression, this only becomes more challenging.
Long Island Psychology provides therapy in Jericho with a team of psychologists who, although they cannot make life any easier, can help guide you through it. We provide individual treatment for those struggling with mental health conditions or looking for a change in their lives, as well as relationship therapy to help couples build stronger connections. If you are looking for psychotherapy in Jericho, call us at (516) 732-0273 to learn more about our therapeutic approach and make an initial appointment.
Jericho Therapy with In-Person and Virtual Options
At Long Island Psychology, we design our treatment around our clients’ needs. This means offering therapy in the way that feels most comfortable and best fits your schedule. We meet with many of our Jericho patients from our Roslyn Heights office, which is conveniently located within easy driving distance. Depending on where you live or work, we also have options to visit us in Rockville Centre or Garden City.
For patients who prefer to attend their therapy sessions from their home or office, we also have a virtual therapy option. These meetings take place over video or phone. You can still meet with all of the same clinical psychologists, but at a location that works for you.
Our Approach to Individual Therapy in Jericho
Our work with individuals starts by developing an understanding of who you are. This includes any diagnosis or condition that you are experiencing, looking at your past experiences, and naming the obstacles you face to give us the full picture of where you are currently at and what changes you would like to see. We can devise a treatment plan to move you forward in the direction you want.
For many of our patients, this includes managing or overcoming mental health conditions along the way and we are able to provide treatment for:
- Depression – Depression can be a severe interruption to your life, whether you experience it as clinical depression, bipolar disorder, seasonal depression, or another way. We work to both reduce the physical and mental symptoms that occur with depression, while also working with you to understand any underlying causes so that we can provide a long term fix for depression.
- Anxiety – When a person experiences anxiety, their natural fight or flight response activates even when there is no reason for them to be worried. You may have panic attacks, OCD, PTSD, or general anxiety that you feel most of the time. We work on skills to help you manage your feelings of anxiety and change the thoughts that cause you to have anxiety.
- Addiction – Addictions therapy is focused on breaking the cycle of addictions like alcoholism, drug use, sex, pornography, gambling, and other behaviors. We have tools to support you in achieving and maintaining sobriety and pushing through cravings.
- Stress – Life transitions, work and career stress, and other challenges can leave you feeling stressed. We can teach skills and coping strategies to help mitigate stress so that you feel less overwhelmed in your life.
- Grief/Loss – Loss of a loved one can have a lasting impact on those who remain. Therapy in Jericho is a place to discuss what you are feeling about your loss, avoid slipping in depression, and start to move beyond your feelings of sadness.
- Women’s Issues – Women face many unique issues throughout the course of their lives. We can help you with concerns around marriage, balancing family and career, infertility, miscarriage, childbirth, postpartum depression, and other issues.
- Pediatric Therapy – Children face their own challenging emotions that they can struggle to work through. Pediatric therapy in Jericho uniquely understands what children are feeling and can help them process their emotions, adjust behaviors, and deal with conditions like ADHD.
These mental health conditions and others can be easier to navigate with the help of a psychologist in Jericho. But you also do not need to have a specific diagnosis or event in your life that has recently caused you stress to benefit from therapy at Long Island Psychology. We can help when you are simply motivated to improve your life or become happier.
Couples Therapy and Relationship Counseling in Jericho
Couples can face a range of obstacles that put pressure on their relationships. They may find that a lack of communication or trust is preventing them from building the stronger, more fulfilling relationship that they desire. Whatever stage you are at in your relationship, a couples therapist in Jericho can help you create a better bond or potentially overcome problems. We offer:
- Couples Counseling
- Premarital Counseling
- Divorce Prevention
- Infidelity Processing
- Divorce Mediation
We also offer family therapy for entire families that are experiencing problems or need to process changes in their relationships. Our individual relationship counseling is another option that provides individual therapy with a focus on your relationships. Through this process, you can learn more about yourself and your past relationships to help secure the relationship you want in the future.
Group Therapy, Resilience Training, and Other Options for Jericho Therapy
Long Island Psychology also regularly runs group therapy sessions. These cater to many of the same needs as our individual and relationship therapy with sessions that focus on anxiety, relationships, and other concerns. An experienced psychologist on our team leads each group therapy session as you and a small group of others consider challenges and build coping mechanisms while providing mutual support for each other.
We also regularly lead a resilience training program. This innovative program is designed to help you be more resilient to stress, better able to cope with setbacks, and generally maintain a more positive mindset whether in your day to day life or in a demanding job.
About Our Team at Long Island Psychology
The therapists at Long Island Psychology bring a wide range of experience and training to our psychotherapy practice. As clinical psychologists, we complete many years of training and education, enabling us to provide proven solutions and work in different therapy modalities such as:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Positive Psychology
- Gottman Method, and Others
Members of our team are also trained in specific therapy needs, such as pediatric therapy or working with different populations. Dr. Marc Shulman has also developed his own therapy method, Dynamic Experiential Learning, to provide a unique approach to therapy in Jericho.
Schedule an Appointment with a Psychologist in Jericho
We support you in taking the initial step towards making the change you want to see in your life and we are ready to help you move forward with the process. Start with a call where we can answer any of your questions and you can learn more about our individual therapists to identify the one you want to work with.
You can reach us at (516) 732-0273 or submit a form online with a little information about what you were looking for and we will get back to you shortly.
FAQ About Therapy in Jericho
Q: How Much Does Therapy Cost?
A: With the range of different therapy types we offer, costs can vary. We will discuss session costs during our initial discussion about your therapy needs.
Q: Will Therapy be Covered by Insurance?
A: We are what is considered an out of network provider, meaning we do not accept any insurances ourselves. But many of our clients are able to file their sessions as out of network claims to have them reimbursed. You should contact your insurer to see what is covered under your plan and learn more about their claim process.
Q: My Condition is Not Listed – Do You Still Treat It?
A: Even if you did not see your mental health condition listed above, we are most likely still able to treat it. Our work with patients is very individualized and goal based, so we are able to help the majority of our patients move toward the change they want to see no matter where they are starting from.
Q: Are There Scheduling Options for Evenings and Weekends?
A: If you are not available for therapy during working hours on weekdays, we do have some after hours options. Your psychologist can go over what is available with you.
Q: Are Diagnoses Confidential at Long Island Psychology?
A: We keep every diagnosis and conversation confidential between you and your therapist, unless we are required by law to disclose information. You may have to disclose your diagnosis to insurance if you choose to have therapy covered.