Therapy for Mental Health, Resilience, and Relationships in Hicksville
Prioritizing your health is important. This includes your physical health and your mental health. How you feel emotionally, your different thoughts, and your experiences play a pivotal role in your overall health and happiness. In the same way that you may visit your physician for a physical problem, managing these emotions and cultivating coping strategies can be easier to do with a psychologist.
Dr. Marc Shulman and his team of psychologists at Long Island Psychology provide therapy in Hicksville where we work with adults, teenagers, and children to provide both individual and relationship therapy. We treat different mental health conditions and help our patients become the best version of themselves. Learn more about therapy and our treatment process at (516) 732-0273.
In-Person or Virtual Therapy Appointments Available
Long Island Psychology has three offices for in-person therapy appointments. Our office in Roslyn Heights is located relatively close to Hicksville for those living and working in the area. Our other offices are in Garden City and Rockville Centre.
As an alternative to in-person therapy, we also have virtual therapy during which you meet with your therapist over the phone or through video chat. These appointments are open to anyone living in NYC and offer a more convenient way to fit therapy into a busy schedule.
Our Individual Therapy Options in Hicksville
Our team assists clients with a wide variety of mental health conditions. Many of our patients are interested in therapy in Hicksville to help them manage the symptoms of different conditions and, where possible, overcome those conditions. Some of the different issues we regularly treat include:
- Depression – People suffering from depression live with a range of different physical and mental symptoms. The most common are often sadness, inability to find joy in favorite activities, and persistent fatigue, among others.
- Anxiety – Feeling worried from time to time is normal. An anxiety disorder goes beyond this, causing you to feel nervous and worried even when it is not necessary or helpful. This can occur as panic attacks, anxiety attacks, generalized anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, or a phobia. Anxiety may occur without reason or be the result of past trauma.
- Social Anxiety – This specific phobia can make it challenging to be in different social events, such as giving a speech, being in a crowded room, or other similar situations.
- ADHD – We work with children and teenagers, as well as adults, who have a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. For these patients, we will focus on tools to increase attention, manage behavioral problems, and cope with any related challenges like self esteem issues or anxiety that results from ADHD.
- Women’s Issues – We assist women experiencing a range of different issues, such as balancing motherhood and a career, infertility, childbirth, postpartum depression, miscarriage, and other issues that women experience.
- Addiction – Our Hicksville addictions therapy works with patients who are addicted to alcohol, drugs, prescription medications, gambling, sex, and foods. We can help you stop the addictive behavior with healthy coping mechanisms and provide valuable tools to remain sober.
In addition to these different mental health concerns, we also work with patients who may not have a diagnosis. You may instead be looking for ways to manage stress, a safe place to process emotion after a loss, tools for navigating a life transition, and many other goals that you may have in your life.
Counseling for Relationships and Families
We offer couples counseling for relationships that are facing challenges and couples that want to build stronger relationships. With our relationship therapy in Hicksville, we may work with clients individually and together with a focus on specific areas of your relationship where you want to see improvement. Some of the different types of therapy we offer include:
- Marriage Counseling
- Divorce Prevention
- Premarital Counseling
- Divorce Remediation
- Individual Relationship Counseling
- Recovering After Infidelity
We also offer family therapy for families who are struggling with communication, recent changes, divorce or remarriage, or other concerns. We work with family members, including adults and children, to help navigate family conflict and improve relationships.
Resiliency Training and Group Therapy in Hicksville
Group therapy is another solution for different mental health and relationship challenges. It covers many of the same skills and strategies as individual or couples therapy, and gives you the additional benefit of working with a group of people in a similar situation to your own to provide built in support.
One of our therapy options is resiliency training. This training works with clients to make them better able to cope with stress and setbacks in their life and to generally feel more content. It can be beneficial for almost everyone, but it is particularly designed around the needs of those in demanding careers and leadership positions.
About Therapists in Hicksville at Long Island Psychology
Long Island Psychology is led by Dr. Marc Shulman who has been a clinical psychologist on Long Island for many years. He and his team have worked with an extensive variety of patients with different backgrounds and situations.
We are able to successfully provide therapy to all of our clients because we use an individualized approach. We take the time to get to know each of our clients and work with you one on one to build a treatment plan that will help you reach your goals. During this process, we rely on modalities like:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Positive Psychology
- Dynamic Experiential Learning, and More
In order to implement these strategies, effectively treat mental health conditions, or make changes in your life, clients need only come in ready to try new things and put in the effort to achieve the goals you want to.
Start Therapy in Hicksville with Long Island Psychology
Whether you are ready to make your first appointment and get started with therapy or you still have some questions about the process, our team at Long Island Psychology is able to help. Call us at (516) 732-0273 or reach out through the online contact form. We will be able to share more about the different therapists on our team, providing recommendations when necessary, and help you begin the process.
FAQs About Therapy in Hicksville
Q: Do You Accept Insurance?
A: Long Island Psychology is not in network with any insurance. But depending on your insurance coverage, we may be considered an out-of-network provider and we can provide a super bill that you can submit to insurance.
Q: What is the Cost of Therapy?
A: We offer several different types of therapy and the price will vary. Please contact us for the cost of therapy.
Q: Does Long Island Psychology Offer Appointments After Normal Business Hours?
A: The majority of our appointments take place on weekdays during business hours, but we do have a few after hours appointments available on evenings and weekends. You can discuss specific availability with your therapist.
Q: Is My Therapy Confidential?
A: Yes. Unless we are legally required to disclose information, your diagnosis is completely confidential.
Q: Which Therapist on Your Team is the Right Choice for Me?
A: Once we know a little bit more about you, we can make a recommendation for the right therapist. The best way to get started is to contact us.