Are you a player or coach looking to increase mental focus, foster teamwork and maximize playing potential?
In competitive athleticism, mental concentration and the ability to “keep your head in the game” are key facets of performing well. If that focus is compromised, it may be difficult for an athlete to concentrate on the game, cultivate teamwork and maximize playing potential. It is important to deal with issues that are stumbling blocks to success, and to ensure that you have a method in place to deal with obstacles that may get in the way. At Long Island Psychology our Resilience Training Program may be helpful if you are dealing with:
- Pressure of performance
- Feeling unmotivated or lost in athletic or personal life
- Coping with failure in athletic or personal life
- Lack of sleep or the inability to find time for relaxation
- Keeping up with schoolwork, home-life or other personal responsibilities
- Anxiety/Depression or other mental health issues
- Struggling to develop a competitive drive
- Disengaged or uncoordinated teamwork
These are just a few of the many challenges that competitive athletes face. However, any issue whether relating to the game itself or to your personal life can cause a lack of concentration, and make it difficult to perform at your highest potential level. Resilience Training can help you find mechanisms to focus in, and overcome the challenges that stand in your way.
Maximizing Playing Potential
Have your coaches ever said to you the game is “90% mental, 10% physical?” While this is a cliche saying, it isn’t wrong. Yes- it is difficult to quantify how much of a sport is mental and how much is physical, but coaches and sports analysts alike have concluded that one is futile without the other. Michael Jordan and Michael Phelps were at the top of their sport not just because of their physical strength, but because they were completely dedicated to the game and had a winning mindset that only focused on the game itself. What separates a good athlete from a great athlete is their ability to completely focus while playing the game, and to utilize mental strength to cultivate a winning attitude. This comes from individual mental concentration and team coordination, which diminishes distractions and helps you and your team play at its highest level.
As a coach, you have the responsibility of setting the tone for your entire team. While each player’s individual focus and drive is important, your role is vital in sculpting success through skill, team coordination, effective leadership, and psychological drive. Our Resilience Training Program can help you:
- Develop workshops and activities to help players bond with one another
- Sort out conflict between you and a player or amongst other players
- Become an active and impactful leader
- Foster team coordination and a winning attitude
Resilience for Players and Teammates
We want to help you and your team play at the highest level by cultivating the ability to focus completely, work together and maximize playing potential through psychological techniques. Whether you are dealing with specific setbacks or feel an overall lacking in mental concentration we are here to provide you with the tools to reach your athletic potential.
Resilience Training can help improve you and your team’s game by:
- Coping with setbacks and failures in athletic and personal life
- Learning process vs. outcome control
- Cultivating time management and organizational skills
- Filtering out negative and distracting thoughts
- Developing grit that will improve your mental and physical strength
- Practicing calming and relaxation techniques
- Addressing and overcoming Anxiety/Depression or other mental health issues
- Finding signature strengths that promote winning attitudes
- Visualizing success
- Working alongside teammates and developing team strategies
- Highlighting individual’s skills that complement one another
- Fostering respect and friendship amongst teammates
With these techniques we can help you and your team improve their game and transform from good athletes to great athletes. We are here to help you take the steps toward achieving your athletic goals by providing you with the mechanisms to develop mental focus, teamwork and maximize playing potential. Please visit our Resilience Training Program page or call 516-732-0273 to learn more. For more information about our Garden City and Rockville Centre, NY locations, please visit our contact us page.