Are you a college or university student struggling with life changes and decisions?
Students in their undergraduate and graduate years face many challenges. This can often be a stressful time as students struggle with balancing their grades, internships, and social lives while making decisions about their majors, degree pursuals, and careers. It is also a time when many people form long-term friendships and romantic relationships. This transitional period from student to adulthood can feel like a burden and might be difficult to navigate. At Long Island Psychology, our Resilience Training Program can support you and help you gain the skills necessary to cope with obstacles and excel from them. Our program can aid students struggling with:
- Keeping up with schoolwork and studying
- Making major, degree and career choices
- Creating and maintaining relationships
- Financial and lifestyle changes as they emerge into adulthood
- Rejection from programs, graduate schools, and jobs
- Time management and organizational skills
- Self-esteem issues and loneliness
- Depressions/Anxiety/Eating Disorders and other forms of mental illness
These challenges can feel overwhelming and unmanageable. However, there are many ways to both overcome these adversities and grow from them in the process, cultivating mental tools that will help you deal with future struggles. It is important to engage in helping yourself during this, particularly formative time to set a precedent for positive coping methods, and to create an overall happier self and healthy well-being. Our Resilience Training helps students:
- Cope with and learn from academic setbacks and rejection
- Cultivate healthy study habits, time management, and organizational skills
- Narrow down interests and discover passions
- Build self-esteem and find self-purpose
- Develop healthy relationship skills
- Manage debt or financial setbacks
- Confront and overcome mental health issues
- Make life transitions that may be daunting or overwhelming
While this may feel like an incredibly overwhelming time in your life, you are not alone. Our therapists are here to help you along your journey and provide you with the tools to not just survive but to learn and succeed in your academic and personal lives. Our Resilience Training Program will help you develop the skills necessary to deal with both your current and future struggles to ensure that you are well prepared for adult life.
For more information about our Garden City and Rockville Centre, NY locations, please visit our contact us page.