Navigating the dating world can be very difficult. Some say that there are plenty of fish in the sea, but if you’ve ever been out fishing you know that you can try to catch a fish all day, every day, and still turn up with nothing on the hook, and even when you do catch something one small mistake can have that fish off the line and swimming back to safety.
The dating world is notoriously challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Often times there are personal issues that have an effect on your ability to find and keep relationships, including:
- Fear of Rejection
- Personal Motivation
- Independence/Codependence, and More
All of these issues are actually related to the field of psychology, and that is why it can be very beneficial to try dating therapy, from a trained Long Island psychologist that understands mental health and the dating world.
What is Dating Counseling?
Dating counseling is an individually tailored approach to improve your dating life and your future or current relationships. Every situation is unique. In some cases, dating counseling involves helping you overcome some of the emotional issues that have been keeping you from meeting and connecting with people on an emotional level. In other cases, you may receive training to help deepen the relationship you do have, and help you become more open and intimate with your current partner in the early stages of dating.
Dating counseling in Long Island, New York can help you:
- Improve your feelings of self-confidence and self-respect.
- Examine who you choose as relationship partners and why.
- Teach you to be more vulnerable with current or future partners.
- Address issues that have kept you from maintaining relationships.
- Teach you how to love yourself more, so that others can love you more.
The strategies and situations will differ depending on the individual and their struggles, yet this form of counseling can be immensely valuable for those that have had issues with the dating scene. It can be helpful for those of all ages as well:
- Emerging adults that have struggled to have success in the dating world.
- Older adults that feel as though their window is closing.
- Post-divorce adults that have forgotten how to date, and more.
Dating counseling is about you, and what you need to create and maintain deep, meaningful, and fulfilling relationships. As a Long Island psychologist, my goal is to work with you, including your history and your present, to help you gain the tools and qualities necessary to embark into the dating world. If you’re interested in learning more about my Long Island dating therapy solutions, call me today at (516) 732-0273.